Tuesday 30 August 2016

Infallible Foundation


Yay! Another foundation! And there are more to come because I've been hoarding some! (That rhyme action though...)
Today it's going to be all about the European version of the Infallible 24H Matte foundation by L'orĂ©al. This one has been in my collection for quite some time now so I think it's time I tell you my thoughts about it.


I got this foundation in the (lightest) shade (in Belgium at least) 11 Vanilla and as you can see, it's pretty light! It's a very good match for me and as you can see in the pictures above, it has great coverage too. I didn't have to put on layer after layer to cover my redness and the need for concealer decreases as well with this foundation! It doesn't completely cover my dark undereyes, but I've got some bad ones so that's not the biggest surprise.

Now, this is a matte foundation, so it's suited for my skin type (= oily). Having said this, I was very pleased by how it performed during the day by keeping the oil at bay. Ofcourse at the end of the day I got a bit more shiny, but not in an uncomfortable, I feel like a greasy mess way. 
It's also not too matte, so it doesn't look like you've put on a foundation-mask or went for a 100 layers of foundation kind of deal. It looks - somewhat - natural and just very flawless.

My other products - powder, bronzer, blush... - go over it very smoothly and stay visible for a long time, but wear off a bit at the end of the day. The foundation itself wears great, but I don't think it would get to that 24 hours mark. But I don't think that's necessary. It stays on my face for as long as I need it to and personally think is a healthy duration for makeup wear.

This has been one of my most used foundations the past few months, so it's safe to say it's a thumbs up from me! 
Have you used this foundation and did it perform as well with your skin-type?

Be sure to stick around if you're interested in more foundation reviews! I got some coming your way in the near future ^^

Sofie x

Follow me for more random updates!

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try this forever!


    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Loreal Brand is one of the best cosmetics brand in the world.
    I like this brand:)

    ReplyDelete