Thursday 13 August 2015

MUA Pink Sorbet Trio


Who's in for some affordable sorbet? Very fitting for these summery - way too hot for me - times, isn't it? Today I'm going to talk about the MUA (Make Up Academy) Baked Trio Eyeshadow in the shade Pink Sorbet. I was sent this a while back for a makeup swap, but since I never gravitate towards baked products (eyeshadows, blushes, you name it), I hadn't given this one a fair go until recently.


First off, let's start with a better picture. Colour-wise.


The shades in this trio are beautiful, but very shimmery. For me, it's not a palette I'd use on it's own on a daily basis. Because I have other palettes that I can use on their own, I don't really reach for this one often. I do love some shimmer, but when I use this on it's own, it just tends to merge into one colour, partly because of the shade similarities, partly because of the shimmer/glitter reflecting light.

Pigment-wise,  it does not dissapoint - as you can probably see by looking at the swatches. I only use a flat brush to pat these colours on though, because otherwise they seem to have their own will. They won't blend properly with a brush, so fingers are needed. The darkest one seems to lose some of it's intensity when applied and I tend to press it on and blend it with my finger from the start.

There's not a large range of looks that you can get out of this small trio. they advise you some ways of application, but it includes putting the lightest shade all up to your browbone, but I personally think that it's too shimmery to go this far up.

So, is this palette worth buying? I don't know, I'm not blown away by it... I like my palettes - even trios - to be more versatile. If you're looking for an add-on of rosey and purple-y shades, there's nothing wrong with trying this one out! It's only €3.51, so still a bargain if you want to try it out.

Sofie x

Follow me for more random updates!

1 comment: