Tuesday 16 August 2016

Colourful Drama


I come to you with a product that's not a new release, but hey, why leave out products just because they aren't brand-spankin' new? I think they deserve some love to. Or at least be fairly reviewed and/or criticised. Anyway. It's all about the Maybelline Color Drama lip crayons today.


top: (310) Berry Much - bottom: (410) Fab Orange
The two shades I have sticking around in my collection are (310) Berry Much - a beautiful light berry, eggplant (strange combo) shade - and (410) Fab Orange - an orangey red that's sure to give you a bold look. I have to see that Fab Orange is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I love both shades anyways! But I'll always be more of a berry kind of girl.

First off, I like the fact that it's a bigger crayon, but not too big so I still get enough precision out of it. Those chubby sticks who were 'all the rage' some time ago just didn't really convince me because they are just... bulgy. And that's coming from someone who doesn't have thin lips. I can't imagine their pain.

Apart from their size, the formula also adds up to the ease of application. It's very smooth so it doesn't drag over your lips. It's easy to get a highly pigmented and neat pout! There's a scent when you apply it, but I like it. It's a bit. Grapey. It's not overpowering at all and just a nice extra touch.

After application, it 'dries' down to a comfortable, semi-matte finish. There's a lot of transfer at the beginning though, so keep that in mind. but if you blot after you've applied it, there's a lot less and you can easily drink some water. It isn't resistant to a lot more though and you'll have to re-apply after eating a meal.

I do like these lip crayons, but still they aren't what I reach for on an everyday basis. They are a bit bold for going to school and for a night out they're just not long lasting enough. But if you like a bolder lip for everyday, want something a bit more moisturising and don't mind a touch-up now and again, I can see you getting along with these.


Sofie x

Follow me for more random updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment