Tuesday 12 July 2016

Budget And Waterproof


I'm once again bringing you a gem from the drugstore.Essence always brings a slight - maybe creepy smile when all alone in the drugstore - smile to my face when discovering new to me products, but that have actually been in their line for quite a while. Or maybe not. I don't really remember/study all the releases on the market. The new ones, ofcourse. But anyway. I picked up these Gel Eye Pencil Waterproof a while back, so keep reading if you want to know my thoughts about this formula


(01) Black Daze - (04) Blue Lagoon

The shades I picked up are (01) Black Daze and (04) Blue Lagoon. I got interested because I wanted a new black eyeliner for my upper waterline and then saw this beautiful blue, mermaid shade. Safe to say I got both and was very much pleased with my affordable new purchases. 

As you can see by the swatches above, they apply very smoothly and pigmented. These are one-pass swatches as well. I always expect waterproof formulas to be dryer and harsher to apply, but these babes really impressed me.

Now. About the staying power. I propose we first watch this next picture, taken after I ran water over the swatches and vigorously rubbed them.


I call that waterproof. Let's be honest. Unless you're in a terrible rainstorm and start rubbing your eyes, these are staying put.
When talking from experience, this black liner stayed present in my waterline for a long time. Ofcourse not as impressive as the swatches, but that's a very moist area and I have yet to find an eyeliner that stays put a full day. A long day.
What really impressed me as well was that it didn't transfer to my lower waterline after it had set. Since I like putting a brighter/nude shade there that's, well, rather convenient.

It's also safe to say that when I used Blue Lagoon underneath my lower lashline, it also stayed put a full day.

So... Do I like this? Ow yes. It's the best drugstore liner I've used so far. I even prefer it to my Urban Decay Naked 24/7 Glide-on Double-ended Eye Pencil. Not only is it much more affordable, but it performs better and does what it's supposed to do.

Have you tried this formula? Or do you have any recommendations that will blow my socks off?

Sofie x

Follow me for more random updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment