Monday 1 June 2015

'Taming' my brows


Finally, the post you've all been waiting for (or not)! Let's discuss this beautifull product by Soap&Glory, the Archery Brow Pencil in Blondeshell. I've mentioned it in my last favourites, so you can kind of now what to expect in this review, but let's get down to the nitty gritty of this product!



I've got fairly light eyebrows, which isn't cute since I dye my hair brown. I'm condemned to use an eyebrow product everyday or look like I've got no eyebrows (as you can see in this post where I forgot to do them - sigh). 

Having said that, I usually fill them in with a darker brown shade, so when I received this pencil I was a bit afraid that it would be too light for me. But luckily, it all worked out. As you can see it fills my eyebrows in a very natural way. I love how casual I can go through them with this pencil and end up with a good-looking, full set of eyebrows.

The pencil itself has a very small tip, which is really handy for drawing fine lines and not ending up colouring your eyebrows in like you would in a colouring book. This is how you achieve this extremely natural, yet defined look. I also love the fact that I'm able to fill in my sparse front bits of my right eyebrow so it doesn't look like I've overplucked it many times - which I didn't.

On the other side of the pencil is a very decent eyebrow spoolie that can be used to comb through them brows before and after application, first to get them in place and second to blend out some possible harsh lines. After all this I still set them with some brow gel (clear or tinted, whatever strikes my fancy) and I'm set for the day. They don't melt off or go anywhere.

Yes, I really like it and I'm thinking about picking up the Hot Chocolate shade when I'll be in London this summer, seeing I'm probably going to go even darker with my hair. Also, it's never bad to have a backup of a product you love right? 
Backup? Only if I haven't used it all up by then!

Sofie x

Follow me for more random updates!

2 comments:

  1. It's the perfect color! Neither too dark nor orangey! I will look for it online! Feel free to stop by and share some love! Baci,
    Coco et La vie en rose fashion blog - Valeria Arizzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice job, your brows look so natural still!
    Can't even tell you've used a pencil in them!
    Must be a good products :)

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete