Thursday 9 April 2015

NYC longlasting lipglosses


I'll start off with apologising for the tardiness of this post. I wasn't able to post this one in time because I'm going through some busy days. But I'm not too late, right? You'll forgive me?
Aside from that, let's get started with this review! I'm going to talk about a slightly Amelia Liana inspired purchase I made, which are the Expert Lip Lacquers by NYC.


Central Park Passion - Rockaway Ruby
I originally picked up (204) Central Park Passion - a neutral, blue based pink - because it's so easily wearable, but soon (500) Rockaway Ruby - an orange based bright red -  followed because I was so impressed and wanted to know if the quality was consistent in this line. It is.

I kind of gave it away already, but I really like these! It's got a nicely sized doe-foot applicator that contains just the right amount of product so you don't have to go back into the tube during application. It's also really easy to trace the lip line and not go overboard in a joker kind of way. It has a sweet, candy-ish scent, but that doesn't bother me at all.

One of the first things that struck me how very moisturising and lightweight this lip laquer is, especially when I slapped Rockaway Ruby on my lips. After a while I just forgot I was wearing it, which leaded to me smearing it over some other parts of my face while studying. Luckily that only happened one time. Who wears red lips while studying, right?

They're not just moisturising and all, when the first layers fade off, you'll be left with a slight stain on your lips. After eating you'll have to re-apply ofcourse, but all in all I'm really pleased with the wear of these. You don't have to run to a mirror every half hour to pull your look back together and I like that. I ain't got time for that!

Are you thinking of trying these bad boys out? They are very affordable, so I really recommend them if you want to try something new!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment