Monday 9 February 2015

Catrice Lip Smoother


I'm not sure of my next statement, but I think I have found a dupe for the Clarins Instant light natural lip perfector. Why am I not sure you ask? Because I don't want to spend  around €15 on a  glossy type product I'll rarely use. When I was browsing the catrice dispaly, my eye always fell on their Beautifying lip smoother (€3.59) and I always wanted to see if I'd like this and maybe compare it to it's higher end 'sister' and though I won't be able to do the latter, I still want to share my thoughts on this product.


I got the shade (030) Cake Pop and oh man, does this product live up to it's name. It smells like cake and even tastes a bit like it.
I'm not a lip gloss lover, that's a well-known fact. I like it some days, but I love 'plain' lipsticks' better. The thing about this lip gloss is that it's not as sticky as an average one. It kinda feels like a heavier lip balm. It has some hydrating properties as well and provides a small amount of colour - a deeper, natural pink - as well.

Catrice claims that this products smooths out fine lines, which I don't have (yet :p), so I can't really make a statement about that, but I know it makes my lips feel smooth and when I put it over my dried out, uneven lips - very common with these cold winds - they feel a lot smoother. It's the kind of product I lean towards on natural days or days my lips just don't feel like wearing a more drying lipstick but they still wanna look pretty.

It still is a natural-looking product. When I wear a heavier look, I don't think it looks great, but when I just smack some medium coverage on my face and a small amount of eye makeup, it's perfect.

Have you tried or this product and/or the clarins 'version' of it? Tell me which one you (think) might like better!
X

1 comment:

  1. these look great, haven;t seen them in my stores yet

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete