Monday 5 January 2015

No clumps in your lashes?


I didn't want to start the new year with a post like this, but my the one I wanted to do didn't happen because I don't have a lot of time at the moment. I'm studying and in two days I'll be having my first exam. So I'll just stick to plan B and throw out another review towards you guys! It's all about the Essence plump no clump deep black volume mascara and I'm sad to say it's won't be a very good one.


mascara only used on upper lashes - lower lashes done with clinique's bottom lash mascara

The brush has very small, plastic bristles and is kind of chubby, which put me off a little at first sight. I find it hard to get a nice, even, clumpless (!!) coating with brushes like these, but I thought I'd still give it a whirl because it might surprise me.

After application, I was still dissapointed. My lashes clumped together and I was expecting that not to happen. I know, I shouldn't be asking as much from a drugstore product this affordable, but still... You gotta live up to your claims! But I thought that the formula might get better when dried out a bit, so I kept on using it on and off with my other mascara that I had on the run.
Things didn't get better.
In fact, they got horrendous.

I had been this mascara for a while. Just another morning of a normal day, I try to go and open this tube of mascara and - hold your breath - the rubber thingy that scrapes off the excess mascara of you brush came out as well. It was a mess but I persisted and finally got it back in (luckily no hands were involved). This mishap happened more than once and ended up in me just throwing it in the bin because I lost my patience. All of this had me really dissapointed and I personally think that even a product as affordable as this one, should have a package that doesn't fall apart while using it...
Rant done.

So. To sum up my thoughts:
- clumps while no clumps are promised
- works decent when you ignore that fact
- cheap - I mean real cheap - packaging...

Have you tried this mascara and did this happen to you to? Or is it just me and my unknown forces?

Hope you had a great New Year's Eve and I also hope that all of your wishes will come true and that 2015 may be a great year for everyone! xx

2 comments:

  1. Your lashes looks amazing !

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really think so? I've always thought they are too short and flimsy :p but thanks!
      x

      Delete