Monday 29 December 2014

New year's 'bling'


Seeing new year's eve is dawning upon us, I thought it was a perfect moment to talk about these Liquid Metal Eyeshadows by Catrice. I mean, who doesn't like some shimmers on their eyelids when celebrating a year that's come and passed?


I've got the shades (020) Gold n' Roses - a light pink, (070) Gold Leaf Me - a light, cool, olive green shade and (090) Nougat It Right - a warmer, chocolate brown shade. When I first bought them, I was afraid that the shimmeriness in these shadows would just be an overspray and that after a couple of uses it would dissapear on me. Luckily, I wasn't right.

Gold Leaf Me - Gold n' Roses - Nougat It Right
They have a soft texture and are nicely pigmented, so you don't need to scrape off product out of the pan like a madman. I also really like the rippled design in these shadows because I feel like it makes my brush pick up more product at once.
More good news: There was no fall-out! I get quite agressive and put a lot of product on my brush (but tap the excess off), so I was very pleased that my cheecks didn't turn into a modern painting.

To sum it up: Good pigment, good texture, no fall-out.

One thing I might add, is that when I tried to do a smokey eye with the dark brown shade, my eyes got a bit irritated, so maybe you shouldn't put it in you inner corner...

My favourite colour of the bunch? Gold Leaf Me! It's the first time I get to experiment with a cool shade like this and I think it's perfect for this frosty weather. I also think this might be the one I'll wear on new year's eve.

So what are your plans to celebrate the ending of this year? Staying in? Going out? I hope you enjoy yourself and I will see you next year!

Soefaj xx

2 comments:

  1. OMG I am totally crazy about these Catrice metallic eyeshadows , the colours are gorgeous..

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete