Thursday 8 January 2015

Flawless eyelids


A while ago I said that I was searching for my 'perfect' eyelid primer because my eyelids are very oily. Eyeshadows never stick on them as they should, mattes never stay matte and sometimes the more affordable ones just slide off - but maybe that's their fault...
When The Balm became more accessible here in Belgium (at DI), I picked up the Put a lid on it eyelid primer so I could give it a whirl.



It's in a 'little' tube and has the consistency of an eye cream, so it's easy to blend out on you eyelids and even to dab some on your lower lashline - a must if you're into heavier make-up in that area. It's skin-toned, but dissapears when applied.
You really don't need a lot when using this. I squeeze out a tiny drop and use that amount for both my eyes, applying it with my ring fingers. The amount shown on the picture is probably enough for eight eyes... You can say a little goes a long, long way.

I have to say that now I've been using this primer instead of my e.l.f. €1-primer, I can feel a big difference. I'm not saying the e.l.f. one is bad, it just doesn't work for me as this put a lid on it does.
On a normal day, my eyelids are greasy by midday, even with matte, more luxurious eyeshadows. But when I use this, it's only at the evening I start to notice my eyelids getting greasier. A big thumbs up from me!

I think this product is worth the buy. I may try other eyelid primers in the future, but now my eyes have been opened and I have hope again. My eyeshadow will last this summer! (too far away? nah...)

Have you used this eyelid primer yet? Or have you tried any good eyelid primers for oily eyelids?

2 comments:

  1. I really like using eyelid primers they really do make eyeshadow last longer and not vanish by lunch time. I have been loving the Avon lid primer.

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! I don't know if I can get a hold of Avon here, but I'll have a look around ^^

      Delete