Thursday 29 January 2015

E.L.F. Lipsticks


It's been a while since I've done my review on the e.l.f. glossy formulas I own (link here), where I also explained a bit about the e.l.f. 'basics' and the differences between their lines. Since that post, I had the time to try out a selection of their lipsticks. I chose one of each line - Studio, Mineral and Essential,
Matte Lip Color, Praline - Mineral Lipstick, Party Pink - Lipstick Captivating - Lipstick Seductive
Matte lip color - studio €4.00
shade: praline

I wanted to buy this product for a long time because I heard that it had great pigmentation and staying power. It's not my usual shade and the first few times trying it out, it didn't really look good on me. But now I've figured out that it looks really good with a slightly bronzed face and neutral eyes. 
About the product itself; it's really easy to apply because it's a lot smaller than your usual lipstick. I can get a very precise application. It dries to a matte finish and does have great staying power. Ofcourse, a touch up is needed after eating, but that won't kill, will it? The texture is smooth and feels comfortable, so it doesn't dry out your lips during the day. I think I might pick up a few more colours of these lip colors.

Mineral lipstick - mineral €5.00
shade: party pink

The most luxurious of them all: the mineral one! Honestly, I wasn't very interested in this one, but I thought I'd pick it up for review-sake. It's a decent lipstick. No smell, nice packaging, goes smooth on the lips and stays an average amount of time. Hydrates. Doesn't bunch up in the tiny lines on your lips. A good one if you just want some basic lipstick, but it doesn't stand out to me.
The shade is nice, just a neutral pink with a small amount of glitters, but that doesn't make it chunky. I like it, but I don't think I'll reach for it very often.

Lipstick - essential €1.00
shades: (left) captivating, (right) seductive

Affordable, but comes with a price (pun intended). The packaging feels extremely cheap. It doesn't open smoothly but is actually really hard to turn open - especially the orange shade has that problem for me. But maybe they sacrificed the packaging so they could deliver a decent lipstick for a very affordable price, I hear you ask. Well, I'm not too eager to say that. It applies rather thick, but once blotted on a tissue, it feels great on the lips - hydrating, smooth, etc. But after a couple of hours, it really bunches up in some patches, even without having dry lips.
The shades are nice though. Captivating is a nice, soft orange and Seductive is a pretty pink that still looks natural on me.

Out of these three formulas, I think I'm only going to repurchase the matte lip color. Have you tried any of these?
X

3 comments:

  1. All of these shades are stunning , I would definitely wear them..

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we got ELF here! All of their products always seem lovely

    DAISYPERSON | BEAUTY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. i adore all of these shades!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete