Thursday 18 September 2014

Autumn lip products



Getting in line with my last blog post, I now present to you my (to be) favourite lipsticks of autumn! These aren't like the trend colours of the upcoming season, but it's what I personally think is very fitting and I think I might just wear them to death.  I won't put these in a particular order because I just wanna give some mini-reviews in this format.


First off: Aritaum honey melting tint in Bitter Rose. This is the newest addition to my collection and therefore my most favourited of this post. You can't say no to fresh love, am I right?
This lipstick is really nice and opaque, but doesn't feel heavy on the lips at all. In fact, the first time I wore it, when it had just arrived, I forgot I was wearing it and smeared it all out with my hand! Madness! It really feels like you're wearing a balm.
The shade Bitter Rose is a beautiful browny pink and therefore a perfect nudish autumn colour. You can really rock some dark, smoky eye looks with this babe.


If you want something less natural, there's always Bourjois Color Boost in Plum Russian. This I can call a true autumn shade, namely the berry. Although it's more of a natural, pinky berry as well. It's a bit bold, but not as bold as you can get with other berry-type lipsticks.
The formula, for me, was a bit dissapointing. Although I really liked the colour (see above), the application (smooth) and the finish (glossy) at first, it really didn't last long on my lips with the same intensity. I found myself re-applying a couple of times during the day (more than usually), because the finish just dissapeared and I otherwise found myself with a dark pink outline around my lips.
The website does state that there is an spf in the color boost range, so that's a certain postive side. On the whole I just don't find myself reaching for a lot, but I still think it's a very pretty colour and I'm going to try to wear it more frequently.


Back to the more toned down side you have Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie, a very natural option. It's also a berry toned shade, but more to the pink side. The formula itself is very sheer so it's a good everyday option. It also applies very well, isn't streaky and feels like, well, butter on the lips. The nice kind of butter.
I don't think it needs to be re-applied very often, because when the glossy finish goes away, the whole lip is left behind with a stain, so it doesn't look weird (or too obvious that you just had lunch).


Another glossy type lip product in this list is Soap & Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker gloss stick in Plum jam. I feel like autumn is that season where I just want to throw out my inner pin up and wear a flicked eyeliner and some red lips all the time. Well, ofcourse I can't do this all the time because a red lip can take some time and some of us still have to leave for college in the morning. It's on days like these I love busting out this baby.It's also very sheer, smooth and even AND (bonus) it smells absolutely DIVINE!!! Like some sort of vanilla cake.
The only thing that sometimes puts me off, is that it can be a little bit sticky and collects in the corner of your mouth. But that's just a small negative and if I could (be damned, small Belgium!), I'd definitely try out some other colours in the range.


On those days I really can't hold back my inner pin up or there's a special occasion, I love busting out a red tone. And in autumn, this would be nothing else but the Nyx Matte Lipstick in Alabama. After all, Autumn is one of the best times of the year to experiment with darker lips.
It's a bit harder to apply this one, but that's to be expected of a matte lipstick. Also, I didn't think this lipstick was drying at all. It felt nice and smooth on the lips and, most importantly, I felt like a queen wearing it.
I've also put this lipstick to the test by wearing it while eating pizza (pure research, ofcourse) and it stayed on fairly well, almost impressive after such an amount of grease passage.

No comments:

Post a Comment