Monday 3 August 2015

NYX HD powder


Let's talk some more powder. It has been a while since I've changed mine up but I thought it was time for a shade and picked up the Studio Finishing Powder by NYX because I've heard many good thing about it.


I'm going to start off by saying how flawless this powder makes my skin look. It seems to just blurs out my pores. I actually think that this powder is great for photography because of that, though I won't use it with flash photography, due to it's - well - white nature. You'll end up looking rather pale.

It mattifies my skin just enough - it always looks a bit too dewy with just foundation - but leaves some of that 'good' shine. When worn a full day without touch ups, the oiliness does tend to seep through, so that means a touch up! Luckily that never looks too powdery or patchy, so I do think oily girls can rock this powder as well. It also doesn't cling to my rough/uneven patches, which my usual powder does (the Stay Matte Pressed Powder by Rimmel)

A downside: It's not travel friendly. At all. Even when you just hold the container upside down for a second to get some product on the lid, almost half of what's inside ends up on top of the sifter-part.It's got rather large holes. My sollution: dab your brush in lightly and swirl it in the lid and tap it out a bit to remove te excess.

Something else I'd like to point out: I don't know how this will work on darker skintones. It works wonders for me, but I'm a pale girl. If you're a bit more tanned, I wouldn't know if it looks just as flawless or if you'd end up with a face that's lighter than the rest of your body.

So yes, I do recommend this powder. It's not too expensive and there's a lot of product to go through. I bought mine from Douglas's website (they've got great shipping to Belgium), but it seems they don't carry this specific product anymore... So if you can get your hands on it, you may want to grab it! For my readers from the US, this will be a lot easier to get your hands on.

Sofie x

Follow me for more random updates!

1 comment: