Thursday 2 July 2015

An eyeliner/serum combination?


If you know me, you know that I'm an eyeliner addict. Well, I've actually cut down on it lately because I had some serious watery-eye-action going on, but that situation seems to get better now. Back in the eyeliner game, yay! I decided to try out this Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum - what a name! Though usual a black eyeliner kind of gal, I thought I'd pick up a brown one (Deep Brown) for a change and I'm not mad I did!



Let's first just appreciate this beauty of an eyeliner tip. Oh my. It's not your usual felt tip, but more of a brush tip that's so pointy it could stab out one of your eyes - except it won't because, you know, it's still a bit bendy. And you shouldn't try and stab out any eyes with any tools.
Anyways! This pointy tip makes application such a breeze that it's almost childsplay when it comes down to eyeliner. You can get really lines as fine or big as you'd like.



Awesome application aside, let's talk formula.
-cue dramatic music-
First off; this eyeliner is supposed to contain a serum to nourish your eyelashes and 'enhance' them. I haven't been using this eyeliner all the time, so I can't really tell you my opinion on it, but I can tell you that it doesn't irritate my eyes, which does occur more often than not with lash serums, or so I've hear.

The staying power of this product is pretty good, but not totally waterproof. Well, they actual claim that it's a water-resistant formula and that's why it might be logical that it dissapears on me when I have some of that watery/teary-action going on. Not the best choice when you're suffering from some allergies - but I guess eyeliner isn't a good choice at all on moments like that.

To sum things up: lovely application, smudge proof, but not really tear-resistant. But I do like this eyeliner and might repurchase it in the future. It's cheaper than my favourite Stila one, so when that baby finally exhales it's last breath, I might go for this one in black instead.

Follow me for more random updates!

1 comment: